Hello miners and users!
We’re thrilled to announce a start date to the community:
November 12, 2017 – 19:00 UTC
At this point, we will provide the Bitcoin Gold full node client download on our website. The BTG blockchain will officially be live, with blocks mined openly by users and pools from all around the world.
Wallets and exchanges will be able to process deposits, withdrawals and trades (as soon as they are ready). This is the culmination of months of hard work, which have led to many changes and improvements, including:
- Equihash PoW change
- Implementation of full Replay Protection (BIP143 SIGHASH) (protecting the community from attacks)
- Implementation of a Unique “G” and “A” prefixed Address Format (avoiding accidental coin transactions to incorrect destinations)
- Refinement of the per-block difficulty adjustment algorithm (to better respond to dynamic changes in hashing power)
- The usual minor tweaks, bug fixes, and improvements
- Successful mining on several generations of Public Testnet
- Network & pool integration
We are extremely grateful for the community around the world who have been contributing hash power to our testnets; besides patiently testing their own mining process, they allow exchanges, pools, wallet developers, and all other service operators to implement and test their support of BTG so that the Bitcoin Gold community can have a full suite of services at launch time. Thank you to all those who have donated their hash power to this effort! We’d also like to extend our gratitude to all those service providers who have been working so hard with us to prepare a fully functional ecosystem at launch.
The results are living proof that a friendly fork can lead to healthy, organic growth of a new crypto community.
The team is now redoubling efforts in the following areas:
- Improving our documentation so that accurate, up-to-date info is easily accessible for mining
- Assisting providers of services (exchanges, wallets) to integrate BTG – Full technical info
- Assisting press and social media communities with access to information and services coming soon (official wallet and mining guide, official community forum, etc.)
We know that many of you share our happiness and joy as we mark this exciting moment.
With best wishes.
Bitcoin Gold Community